As for follow up to the Colombo Declaration, Sri Lanka parliament is in the process of implementing following:
- Establishing a Parliament Select Committee on Evaluation (SCE). The motion to establish the SCE was submitted by parliamentarians and it has been recorded in the parliament Order Book. Please see the link to the submitted motion and the order book record
- Bill on Evaluation. The draft bill has been prepared and the parliament is in the process of consulting stakeholders for inputs. The stakeholder consultation will be held on 28 Mar 2019 at the parliament.
- Strengthen the Parliament Research Unit (PRU) to provide brief evaluation evidence to members of parliament. A series of weekly training has been organized starting from 25th March 2019. A guidebook for the PRU is also in preparation.
- The Center for Evaluation, University of Sri Jayewardenepura in collaboration with the parliament is starting an initiative to strengthen other universities to orient legislators and policy makers to use evidence for decision making.
Activities conducted by SLPFE in the past
- Launched of Sri Lanka Parliamentarians Forum for Evaluation at a session held in Oct 2016
- Awareness raising workshop for parliamentarians held in June 2017 in Colombo
- Capacity building of District Coordinating Committees
- Submission of motions to the parliament. Adjournment Motion on introducing a National Evaluation Policy.
- Hosting EvalColombo2018
- Participation of members in conferences/ Training